Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Halloween 2011

Emma was Christine from Phantom of the Opera this year.




Emma's loot!


Owen was our little Phantom for our Christine.



Our little Christine has a sweet voice!



The Phantom and Christine take to the stage and dance!



This year was Emma and Owen's first Halloween together. Owen was obviously too small to trick or treat but we had fun with him anyway! Emma originally wanted to be Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter, but I could not find a costume that was under $40! I refused to pay that for a one time deal. I looked in the thrift shops but nothing that I could work with. So I explained to Emma that I could not find Hermoine, but she could choose something else. If you recall last year she went on for 3 months about being Christine, but at the last minute chose Alice in Wonderland. So this year her immediate 2nd choice was Christine. I supplied many other ideas, but nope. Christine won. So, we used the dress-up we had that Nana gave her. Its perfect, pink, and fluffy. We bought sparkles for her hair and white gloves. I let her wear some pearls I had. I put make-up on and curled her hair and she was ready to go! We painted Owen's face and I made a white Onsie that said, The Phantom of the Opera. We got alot of compliments at our ward Trunk R treat! On Halloween I took Emma around the block. It was nice and dry, but it was freezing! The coldest year we have been out in yet. So after trick or treating, I made us all some Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate and then we watched Hocus Pocus. Perfect Halloween movie. And Owen? Fell asleep while Daddy handed out the candy. Its a busy job supervising Dad! It was a fun year and Emma is already planning for next year! EEK!!!










No comments: