Sunday, January 20, 2013

Emma's 7th Birthday!

If you haven't noticed, another year has gone by and already half of January. So that must mean that Emma has once again had another birthday. #7. Uh huh, you heard me right, 7. I guess as a parent we all understand how quickly time flows, how very precious it is, and how very limited it leaves us. Time is a precious commodity and I am starting to understand that desire for the Fountain of Youth(no I don't feel old!) or Holy Grail or whatever you want to call it. Ha!

Emma's 5th and 6th birthdays were pretty big productions. I invited Emma's entire class last year! So I told Emma this year would be much more low key and she could invite 5 people. She also started planning this party as soon as her last one was over. Ha! She told me she wanted a Hello Kitty sleep over party. I didn't think she'd remember and that by the time we came full circle she would want something new, but no. She remembered and that's what we did. A Hello Kitty Sleep over party.

Five invitations went out and they all came. (I have these moments where I think no one will. Paranoia.)We had a fun dinner of finger foods, and for extra fun, I made them homemade pink(raspberry) Italian sodas. Then we played Pin the Crown on the Princess, Musical Chairs, and Sardines. Emma opened her gifts, we sang Happy Birthday, and had cake and ice cream. Then it was time for PJ's, and they got into their sleeping bags and watched a Hello Kitty Movie. By the time it was 11, I was pretty worn out! My low key year turned into more work being a referee to five 6/7 year old girls who wanted everything their own way. Must be the age category!  There were a few moments of arguing or sulking, but overall they were very good and had a great time! Emma for sure had a blast. She was the birthday girl afterall!

The invites and cake!

Eatin' some finger foods!

Hello Kitty Faces, silly faces, loves, and hugs!

Havin' some good ol' fun! 

Happy Birthday Time!!

Time for jammies, sleeping bags, and a Hello Kitty movie!

This last photo marks 3 hours of giggles and chatter, and then us coming out several times after 11 to tell them its time for bed. Ha! They finally fell asleep around midnight and were up at 7! 

All had a great time and left with little goody bags. Hope Emma had as good a time as I think she did. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

No comments: