Thursday, August 1, 2013

Its a Boy!

We had our ultrasound on Wednesday afternoon and found out we are having another boy! I really had no clue this time around, but everyone I know who is pregnant right now are all having boys. I thought maybe I was the odd duck who would have a girl. Nope. So where are the girls these boys are going to marry?! Ha!

Emma was SO excited to go to the ultrasound and had been counting down the days.  She of course was hoping for a girl. When the ultrasound tech said it was a boy, Emma was crestfallen. She turned her head and wouldn't look at any of us, all teary eyed. I told her it would keep her my special girl, but that was not what she wanted to hear. :)

Its now been 24 hours and it has sunk in and Emma is no longer upset. She is back to being excited for a baby. Owen on the other hand understands what a baby is, but one in my tummy? That hasn't quite caught on with him.  He really has no clue as to what is about to happen. He will be the one to eventually share a room, and dare we say it, his toys! Oh he won't like that! Ha! But I think once the baby is here, that Owen will do great. :)

And so, I am more than half way through. The baby is healthy and so am I. Blessings to definitely count! Now onto names and preparations. Time moves so quickly, it will be here before you know it! We will anxiously await our new baby boy. :)

I asked Emma to show me how she felt. Fitting. :)

No comments: