Monday, March 10, 2014

When snow and childhood meet!

(Que the music) I'm Dreaming of a.....White February? Winter, YOU ARE LATE. It cooled off in October as it should but we didn't get any real snow until the very end of January and heavily into February. Its the most snow we have seen since living here. Poor Phil had to shovel more than his fare share this year and the kids have been cooped up inside with temps hanging around 19 degrees. The thing is, if we live where it snows shouldn't we learn to play in it? What is a snowy winter without a snowman, or snow angels, or screaming down a hill on a sled? I sincerely hope that by dragging my children out into it, they had fun and appreciated it a little. hehe. Owen certainly enjoyed his first trip down the sledding hill and digging his boots into the white dusty snow. I tried to help them build a snowman in the front yard and they rolled in the snow and made snow angels. I took them to the sledding hill and they had a blast going down together. My only idea that I didn't get to share with them was to use food coloring and "draw in the snow." I guess I have something up my sleeve for next year! :) And of course, as quickly as the snow storms rolled in, they also melted away. Its now March 10th and while our last 5 inches of snow arrived on March 2nd and 3rd, it is now as if it never happened. Temps have gone back up to the 50's and we have even had a peak a boo game with the sun. I saw a fat bellied robin the other day and that's a sure sign spring is on its way! Here's to warmer weather, green grass, and blue sunny skies....




No comments: