Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter is one of my favorite times of year. The feeling of new beginning while spring is blooming is like waking up from a long sleep. As a kid, I never really got it. I mean, I understood, but I didn't understand the true beauty of the atonement. Its amazing grace in every sense of those very words.

Now I spend Easter looking at the happy faces of my children hunting eggs and opening chocolate bunnies, and while that's not the point, I relish the giggles and laughter. It is my forever I am watching. My family.

This year we tried to escape the dreary weather and traveled 2 hours west to Grandma's house. It was about 10 to 15 degrees warmer and the kids spent Saturday playing their hearts out in the sun. I did a little Easter egg hunt with plastic eggs filled with candy and we did a bonfire and roasted hot dogs. Laura made some delicious desserts and we all went to bed stuffed! We colored 3 dozen eggs and when the kids were asleep the Easter Bunny hid them outside in the cold wind. The Easter Bunny wasn't happy about it. Hehe.



Sunday morning the kids raced to their baskets and hunted the eggs. We went to church and enjoyed its true message. We came back to Grandma's and enjoyed the afternoon all together and had a traditional Easter dinner of ham and green beans with rolls and salad. And more of Laura's dessert!

Then we headed back home. Was a short but lovely weekend. It means so much to spend such precious time as a family. If not for Easter and the atonement, it would all be pointless. Such a wonderful wonderful day! Happy Easter!








No comments: