Monday, November 23, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I realize this is a few days early, but we will be going to Las Vegas to have turkey day with the Fleming Family and I probably won't have time to post.

As a kid, this was not my favorite holiday. I much preferred Halloween and Christmas, but as I have gotten older I understand how much more important this holiday is. To remember everything I have been blessed with in my life and to appreciate these moments.

I am so thankful for my family. Phil and Emma are the greatest gifts I could have been given. They are the sunshine and hope in my day. I am thankful for my family(nuts included) and for Phil's family. Life would be nothing without everyone we share it with. I could not even imagine... I am thankful for all of our friends. They suprise us and remind us how fun life can be. I am so thankful for our health. I look around and see how fortunate we are that ear infections have been our biggest worry. To think some poor mother and father out there watch helpless or that a father or mother may even leave their family early....to know there is real suffering just breaks my heart. We are so so so blessed. I am thankful for our country. That we are free to pursue our own happiness and make our own destiny. I can be free to believe as I may. How truly lucky we are. These are but a few things, but all in all, I am greatful to god and his design. Without it I would be lost. It is with this purpose that I can even be here to be thankful. I am grateful for his plan and I am thankful for my life! To all a Happy Holiday! May we remember all our many blessings and what is most important in our lives all year through. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: