Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!













This has been a very fun year for October. I absolutely love fall! The weather in Vegas is so nice in October and we actually have had a decent amount of rain. And of course there is one of my favorite holidays...Halloween! We put up our decorations on the last day of Sept! haha. We have done fun things all month, but this last week, for Emma and Halloween Week, I have made fun dinners by doing things like Spooky Pizzas, Mummy Dogs, Jack-O-Latern Grilled Cheese, and desserts like Carmel apples, Halloween shaped sugar cookies, and creepy cupcakes. Emma originally wanted to be Kristine from Phantom of the Opera but when we were at Walmart one day she saw an Alice in Wonderland costume. From then on, Kristine who? So Emma was a very cute Alice in Wonderland. Not hard to pull off when she is a little girl and blonde. :) She had a great time and went to two Trunk-R-Treats. More candy than she will ever know what to do with at once! (and more than we will ever let her eat. lol) To go along with Emma's costume I decided our trunk for our ward trunk r treat would be Wonderland. Phil dressed up like the Madd Hatter and I was the Queen of Hearts. I made a little tea party in the trunk and we played the tea party "Unbirthday" song from the Disney version (we werent going for the new stuff). It turned out pretty cute and got alot of compliments. Emma ran around with her other friend Emma from primary. She had a great Trick or Treat. Today is actually Halloween and it is on Sunday, so no door to door, but to keep up the spirit of things we are decorating sugar cookies, watching Monster House, and tonight for fun, we will be having hot chocolate with spooky eyes(marshmellows with Chocolate chips in them.) So to all...Hapy Haunting! On a side note...how quick were the retail stores to dump their halloween stuff and have their Christmas stuff up by Wednesday this week? lol! On to November I guess!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a cute mom! I am coming to your house next october!

Emily S. said...

I love all of this! What a fun holiday you guys had! :) :) :)

unange14 said...

So adorable! I am jealous that you all dressed up. Maybe I can talk Matt into it next year. Miss you guys and glad you had an awesome Halloween! <3

CJMsquared+6 said...

Super Cute family costume!! I love Family costumes but was too lazy this year to throw it together!! There's always next year, right? I always love and am a little envious of how you pull off Halloween each year! Such a festive lady!