Thursday, January 20, 2011

Emma's Family Pizza Party Jan 19th












Emma had a very spectacular birthday this year! When ever is Jan 19th 70 degrees outside?? So why not enjoy it? We had a fun lunch and then we decided to do something we hadn't done before. Emma road her new bike to the park for the first time and did great! She played her heart out in the beautiful weather and I sat and basked in the sun. I totally ate it up as much as everyone else I think. It was so darn nice. At this point Emma tells me that she was doing so good riding her bike because she was 5 now. She also demonstrated that this made her bigger by telling me she grew more and put her hand above her head to show me how much that meant. Too funny. Then it was time to ride that bike home. She got going a bit too fast and took a small spill that scared her more than hurt her. I managed to calm her down and point out that she wasn't actually hurt and that she had actually bled on an owie at home more than this. I finally got her back on the bike and when we got home I told her she must be 5 because she got back on the bike like a big girl would. She was pretty proud of herself. In the evening we had everyone over for pizza to celebrate Emma and Parker's birthday. It was so nice to visit. Emma was so excited. She kept asking all day when they were coming. She also had it in her head that she wasn't actually 5 until we sang her Happy Birthday and she blew out her candles. I thought that was pretty funny. We all had our pizza, played and visited, and then Emma and Parker opened their gifts and we had cake and ice cream. And of course the day was over as soon as it got started it seemed. Just like the last 5 years that zipped by. Emma is such a vibrant, smart, and loving little girl. We could not be more blessed! She brightens our day with her humor and charisma. She is my little helper, from cleaning up her room, to helping mommy with dishes or making dinner. And she loves to give loves. I eat it up! She will be a great big sister and helper to mommy when the baby arrives. She is such a sweetheart and I am fully enjoying being her mother. Happy Birthday Emma! But its not over yet....Emma is having a Mad Hatter Tea Party with friends on Saturday. I am so excited for it. More than Emma. I put alot of planning into it so I hope it turns out! Wish me luck and I hope to post pics of it on Sunday. :)



1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh I can't wait to see pics from the Mad Matter party! She seems like such a sweet and funny girl!