Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mad Hatter Tea Party!



Today was Emma's Mad Hatter Tea Party! She was so excited! (and so was I. lol) I prepared most everything the night before so we only needed to get the balloons. The party was at 12:30 so we hurried to have everything ready on time. When all the kids arrived we made Mad Hatter Party Hats( The only thing I didn't anticipate was that the glitter glue wouldn't be dry in time to wear them, but that didn't stop them from having fun!) For our Tea Party we had the choice of Strawberry or Chocolate milk in our heart shaped tea cups, and the choice of heart shaped peanut butter and Jelly or flower shaped Ham and cheese sandwhiches. They also had strawberries and dip, apples with peanut butter, and deviled eggs. Then they all played together while I cleaned up, and then we played the "Unbirthday Game" which was a hit. I stole this idea from my friend Nicole(Thanks Nicole!). I wrapped prizes up and they passed them around like hot potatoes while the Unbirthday song from Alice in Wonderland was playing. When the music stopped whoever had the gift got to open it. They had fun, but didn't want to pass it along because they wanted to be the next to open a gift. I had to keep urging it forward, but everyone got a turn and won a prize. We then let Emma open her gifts and then we sang her Happy Birthday and had cupcakes. It was a whirlwind of a day and after everyone had gone I sat down to rest. haha. But Emma had such a good time and it turned out so cute it made it all worth it! Below is a slideshow of our Mad Hatter Tea Party!

No comments: