Monday, June 6, 2011

Siblings

Emma and Owen looked so much alike the day they were born. When they handed me Owen, one of my first thoughts was how much he looked like Emma when she was so new. Not only that, but once they weighed and measured, Owen was only an ounce more in weight and the same length. So very similar. (Labor was 100% different for each though. lol.) And as I look through pictures I can see how much they really do look alike. Especially at the similar stages in age. BUT as he grows I see how very individual they are. Owen is a handsome boy and Emma a dainty girl. No one has ever confused their genders. There is so much that I can see that is their very own. The above photos are of Emma at 1 month and Owen the day he was born. ( I tried looking for earlier pics of Emma, but I only have them in print, not on my computer. ) Emma is very feminine even now and my boy is all boy! Emma, until she was 3yrs old, always measured around the 10th percentile on the growth chart. Just dainty and girly. But Owen loves to eat and he went from being in the 10th percentile at birth to the 25th percentile by 2 months. Not a huge baby by comparison, but he has doubled in size and has these great chunky thighs. :) And as he grows he changes and the similarities fade as he becomes his own. So similar and yet so different. I love to watch them grow! ;) (just wish it was slower. haha)










No comments: