Thursday, January 26, 2012

Emma is 6!















Emma is now 6 years old. Where does the time go!?! I have no idea where my tiny baby girl went. She is now a long string bean of a kindergartner!

Some tid bits I asked Emma at age 6:


Favorite color is Purple.

Favorite food is Tortellini soup.

Favorite movie is Phantom of the Opera.(of course)

Favorite book is "I love you this Much."

Favorite friend is Kendall Fry.

Favorite game is now Super Mario Kart on the Wii.

Favorite thing to do is to "go outside and play." Usually with the neighborhood kids. (They still do that nowadays. lol.)


Now some tid bits about Emma via Mom:


Emma is a smart cookie! She is picking up reading and writing and her numbers like a pro! Her teacher review in Novemeber was great! (except that she sometimes doesn't finish work in class on time because she is talking. Eek. That's all me! Sorry Emma!)

She is the BIGGEST sweetheart and cannot give us enough hugs and kisses. When we drop her off and pick her up from school its like a huge class hug. And who is in the middle? Emma!

As the big sister she is very involved with Owen whom she loves to love!...but she is starting to understand that he is competition for our attention. But with that in mind, she is still a very good girl. She is anxious for him to be a bit bigger so they can play. She DOES NOT like that he can get into her toys now that he is moving. Hmmm....who does that remind us of? (Phil! haha!)

Curious is a great description for her at this age. She asks 100 questions a day! Sometimes "I don't know" is not an answer she will accept. Makes me laugh, but its how I was. Maybe still am. :)

When I was her age the movie E.T. scared me! But not Emma. She is not afraid or timid or shy. She is eager, accepting, and so very social. She will talk your ear off, and thats anyone whose eye she catches, from the check out cashier at Walmart to the stranger in the cereal aisle. And I don't know what it is, but she attracts grandmas! They always come over to say how cute she is. Especially those freckles on her nose and cheeks!

Emma accepts things how they are and is just a real trooper. Especially with how much change she has had to deal with this last year. We have moved around and then a new baby in the house. She is a strong spirit!

Emma's innocence is just....perfect. I wish I could bottle her up and keep her like this! But I will have to suffice in enjoying every moment I get. Only a few more years and it begins to fade.

Our home is always full of giggles when Emma is here. We love her so much and are so blessed to have her as our daughter! Its is a privilage...that's not even a big enough word.

So...to another year. If I find the secret to slowing down time I will let you know. Until then, I am going to have to navigate the warp speed!


Happy Birthday Miss Emma!








No comments: