Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby Boy Fleming arrived 12/11/2013!

It FINALLY happened! Our new little man has arrived! I begged my doctor to induce and he held me off for two weeks, but at 39 weeks he finally agreed. I was scheduled for Tuesday 12/10 at 7am, but on that morning the hospital called to say they were unexpectedly full and to wait a few hours. Then my doctor called and said he was very sorry, but we had to reschedule for the next day. No beds available. Gah! I was SO ready! So I went around town with my mom and bought some fun green shoes to help me feel better. :)

The next morning we tried again. This time no phone calls to stop us. We arrived on time and they got us right in. It was quiet and calm and obviously a much better day. We were given a room with a gorgeous view of downtown and they had me hooked up and on Petocin by 7:30. The nurses were super sweet and one of them, in the photo below, was from Scotland. Her accent was so cool and she told us funny stories of her boys. At first I thought the other doctor, Dr. Schemmel, was delivering since he came to check on me first, but a little later Dr Rueter came in and I was SO glad! He is the most awesome doctor! My favorite ever and that is saying something since I have white coat syndrome. Ha! At 10:30 they broke my water. I then got my epidural, if you can call it that. This guy was like 15? lol! And I could feel it. Everything about it. Then slowly I couldn't feel my feet, legs, hips... They thought it was working. The contractions weren't felt. At about 12:30 my DR came back in and checked on me. I was a 9 and half. He said he'd be back in 20 minutes and we'd deliver. Phil and I just looked at each other like, wow! But the DR didn't get very far. The nurse was setting up and I was like,"Um, I think we better get the DR. I feel intense pressure!" She ran off and he came right back. He lifted the sheet and was like, " Oh yep. Lets go!" I can't describe how it felt. I HAD to push. The feeling was that if I didn't I'd explode. Lots of pressure. I only had to push for maybe 10 minutes and when his shoulders slipped through it was an immense relief. And there was this tiny, no wait, chubby round baby! They handed him right to me and I could not get over how big he was! He looked all around blinking with his new eyes. I held him tight while they cleaned him off and Phil cut the cord. They all started taking bets on how big he was, but no one guessed over 9 pounds. He was born at 1:05pm and weighed 9 pounds, 1 oz, 22 inches long. Holy cow! No wonder I was so uncomfortable! This explained everything! :) 

After delivery, they wasted no time and we were moved to recovery. Yet another gorgeous view of downtown. Such an awesome hospital! Once in recovery, my mom brought the kids to meet their new brother.  Emma was so excited and wanted to hold him right away! Owen on the other hand didn't notice the baby because he was so busy checking out all the buttons and gadgets in the room. Oh the life of a two year old! I felt immediate relief to some of my previous hardships, but it took forever to feel my legs again. It took longer to get feeling back than I had the epidural! We only spent 24 hours in the hospital and we were released to go home. A little sad to go, but both healthy as can be! 

It was a great experience overall. Sacred Heart was an incredible hospital to deliver in! Now if I could only have transported the anesthesiologists from Summerlin Hospital in Las Vegas! It would have been flawless! And so we welcome baby number three! 


Dr Rueter and the delivery nurse!
 Baby boy is not so little!


 Mommy and baby!
 Daddy and baby!
 Little man!
 All clean and cute!

Just pure sweetness! ~ 1 day old before leaving hospital.



No comments: