Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Harry Potter Mania!











The final Harry Potter movie came out on July 15th and like the nuts we are we went to the midnight showing. :) I should preface that I do not normally do that kind of thing...rushing to midnight movies and I do not dress up like characters or anything crazy. So it was pretty funny when we decided to make a bigger deal than we usually do. Hey, it was the last movie and this was our last chance to just kinda have fun with it. We spent years reading the books and anticipating release dates. We even stood in lines at book stores at midnight to get our copy of the next book and then would rush home to race to the finish. And we waited just as eagerly for the movies, so this was our last chance to go out with a bang. We still weren't that crazy, but we made some fun shirts and I even put a lightening scar on my forehead. :) And Rachel made us Deathly Hallows tattoos and a Dark Mark for Jared who was sporting Slytherin green instead of Gryffindor. I had an HP with a snitch on the front of my shirt and the back said, " Make Love, Not horcruxes." I thought it was pretty funny. Rachel's had the Hogwarts Crest and the back of hers said, "Real men don't sparkle, they defeat dark lords." We had just as much fun planning and making shirts as actually going to the movie. And it was packed! And yes, people in costumes of all varying degree. :) The movie was great and when it ended, we all had that moment of ...Sad, its all over. But it was fun while it lasted. :)



No comments: