Monday, June 23, 2014

A New Cousin!

My sister Laura had her baby on May 16th. The baby was a few weeks early and born not breathing. For what seemed like hours, she did not make a sound and you could hear a pin drop as the doctor and nurses and NICU rushed in and then out. I have never been good at emergency situations. I can't think straight when my adrenaline gets pumping. Just before they rolled the baby up to NICU they got her breathing. When I heard her little cry I immediately became dizzy and had to sit down before I fell over. Then I felt like breathing took a lot of effort and my hands began to shake. Looking back, I realize that while we waited for those sounds of life, that I myself had been holding my breath. I was trying to swallow my panic. They rushed her off and for 4 to 5 hours, my sister didn't get to see her. Luckily, they had her breathing, and while she spent some time in the NICU, she did not have anything wrong with her. It was just a prolonged delivery that caused a bit of stress and she was cleared to go back to Laura that evening after passing some tests. It is, however, an experience I'd not like to repeat!

Now she is a month old and is a thriving growing baby. She is a little doll and looks just like Laura! So here is a few photos of our newest niece and cousin!

1 day old!
  
1 week old

1 month old

This last photo could pass as a photo of Laura when she was this age! I have to find one to compare!


No comments: