Monday, June 25, 2012

Emma is out of Kindergarten!




I just cannot comprehend that Emma's first year of school is over. How I ask you?  HOW?  I swear I just dropped her off with her new outfit and backpack swung over her shoulder, eyes full of excitement and a huge grin on her face. She was so ready to go.  She loved everyday of school and she adored her teacher Mrs. Stevenson.  I wish they could keep the teacher!  But alas, the school year breezed by full of fun events and playing with friends, and it has now come to its predicted conclusion. She got great scores and improved in all subjects. Her teacher gave her high praises!  But I still can't believe it is over.  I now have a 1st Grader.

Emma is the most social and outgoing little girl.  She loves to play with the kids in the neighborhood and she loves to have her friends from school over to play. We have had a sleep over already! She is just so sweet and loving.  She makes me smile everyday and I know that no matter how my day is going, when I see her, its always better. She is also, in her Mom's opinion, very pretty with those hazel eyes, that golden hair, and those fun freckles on her cheeks!  And she is growing ever taller still.  We had her 6 yr doctor appointment in May and she is now 43 pounds and 48 inches tall.  That's tall enough to ride Space Mountain at Disneyland! She is very girly, which I love! She likes to play hairdo and loves to paint our nails. She hates having her hair done, but once the brushing and pulling is over with she loves a good hair design. Such a girl and so fun! Now that school is out, she is loving the later bedtime and with the longer days, playing outside til the street lights come on.  She thinks she is so big!

So summer has arrived, or so the calendar says(its been cold dang it!), and Emma is already enjoying our lazy mornings and trips to the park. We have a few fun things planned for the summer and I hope to hold onto it before Fall sneaks up on us and the cycle begins yet again.... (Did you say July 1st is Sunday??  This slowing down time thing isn't working!)

No comments: